Sophisticated Planning For Elder Law Needs
More than 40 percent of people over age 65 will spend some time in a nursing home. In their angst about funding long-term care or depleting their children’s inheritance, many senior citizens, acting on bad advice, actually make things worse.
The elder law attorneys of Cushing & Dolan, P.C., provide sound strategies and comprehensive planning for seniors to plan for nursing home care, preserve family wealth and anticipate other legal and financial concerns associated with aging.
We work closely with elderly clients or family members overseeing their interests to cover all the bases. Arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced, compassionate and tax-savvy lawyers. We serve clients across Massachusetts and New Hampshire, with multiple offices in the Greater Boston area.
Solutions For The Challenges Of Aging
Elder law is an umbrella term for a range of legal issues relating to the retirement years. Our knowledgeable lawyers provide the comprehensive approach to give clients options — and peace of mind — for future scenarios:
- Medicaid planning — Our elder law practice is primarily focused on protecting family assets from the costs of long-term care, if and when that time comes, through irrevocable Medicaid trusts, a life estate, private annuities and other proven strategies.
- Estate planning — We assist elderly clients in drafting wills, durable powers of attorney, living wills, health care proxies, and HIPAA release forms so that family members and medical caregivers will know your wishes.
- Tax planning and succession — We are well-versed in the use of trusts, gifting exclusions and asset protection tools to ensure your estate passes to heirs with minimal exposure to taxation, creditors and probate complications.
- Reverse mortgages — Elderly homeowners who find themselves “house rich” but “cash poor” can explore this option for drawing on home equity to meet their needs.
- All elder law issues — Funeral plans, charity legacy, elder financial abuse, conservatorship, special needs trusts and more.
Experienced Estate Planning Lawyers
Many families unnecessarily waste thousands of dollars on nursing home care or falsely believe they must spend down all assets to qualify for Medicaid. As members of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), with strong credentials in tax law, we can address long-term care planning in a way that best serves our senior clients and their heirs.
For more information, see elder law articles written by our Boston elder law lawyers, or call 888-759-5109 or e-mail Cushing & Dolan to arrange a free consultation. We have eight convenient office locations in Boston and beyond.