An Established Boston Tax Firm
Cushing & Dolan was established in 1984 by Leo J. Cushing, Esq., CPA, LL.M., focusing on income tax and estate tax matters. Leo’s goal was to provide the highest quality of legal services at a reasonable cost by drawing on his experience as a Big Eight tax attorney and criminal tax prosecutor with the Massachusetts Attorney General’s office.
The firm has grown to provide legal services to individuals, families, businesses and lenders throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. For more information about our firm, or to speak with one of our tax and estate planning lawyers, we invite you to schedule a free consultation at one of our eight convenient locations in the Boston area, including Boston, Waltham, Westborough, Norwood and Woburn.
You Earned It. We Protect it.
Forming a business, preserving a family heritage, planning for long-term care and buying or selling property all rely on careful consideration of tax implications.
Our knowledge of taxation and wealth preservation strategies is the foundation of our comprehensive legal services:
- Estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney)
- Elder law and Medicaid planning
- Probate law (administration, taxation and litigation)
- Family law considerations of prenuptial agreements, marriage, divorce and unmarried partners
- Real estate transactions and settlement services
- Business law (formation, dissolution, succession, transactions, agreements, disputes)
- Tax controversies (audits, appeals and Tax Court)
A Boston Tax Firm Recognized For Excellence In Diverse Areas Of The Law
Cushing & Dolan is AV rated*, and our lawyers have been nominated by their legal peers as Super Lawyers and Best Real Estate Closing Attorneys. We regularly conduct seminars and lectures for attorneys, tax professionals and banking clients on estate and tax planning, long-term care planning, real estate settlements and other topics. Leo Cushing and his associates have handled more than 80,000 residential closings. Our attorneys are frequent contributors to the Money Matters radio program, discussing a wide range of financial and estate-related issues.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.