Hingham Business Lawyers
Massachusetts Business Lawyers for Every Stage of Business
Legal counsel should not be an afterthought or an add-on for a business. From the first conception of a quality business idea to the formation of the entity itself and to the final windup or sale of the business, legal counsel is integral to protecting the business from liability, maximizing tax benefits and negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts.
Hingham/Duxbury area businesses have trusted the Hingham business attorneys of Cushing & Dolan, P.C., for more than 25 years. Since 1984, we have been protecting our clients from liability, counseling them around the potential legal pitfalls of an aggressive business environment, and helping them reach their goals.
We provide valuable counsel to clients involved in starting a new business in the Hingham/Duxbury area. One of the most important early decisions involves the corporate form (entity selection) for the business. We have a thorough understanding of the advantages and pitfalls of the different entities choices, and we can advise you of the state and federal taxation issues and potential liabilities of the different forms:
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- S corporation
- C corporation
- Limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Business trust
Ongoing Business Relationships and Agreements
Experienced legal counsel is no less necessary once the business is up and running than it was initially. On the contrary, legal counsel is even more important at this stage, as the many intricacies of day-to-day operation present a myriad of legal issues that include:
- Business and employment agreements: With more than 25 years of business law experience, we can protect your interests as you enter into the agreements, contracts and transactions that determine your bottom line.
- Partnership operating agreements: Skillfully crafted partnership operating agreements are the most important tool for providing clarity and avoiding disputes and litigation. We can help you craft the agreements that will define roles and expectations and will keep your business running smoothly.
- Corporate maintenance: We provide counsel regarding financing, regulatory compliance, annual meetings and reporting.
Disputes and Buy-Sell Agreements
When shareholder disputes arise, our attorneys represent co-owners and shareholders, looking for practical, efficient solutions in litigation and dissolution. We also assists in drafting and implementing buy-sell agreements, and we provide business succession counsel for individuals looking to implement estate planning strategies for passing on business interests.
Contact Duxbury Business Law Attorneys ∙ 888-759-5109
To speak with one of our Boston area business lawyers about how we can help your business succeed, call 888-759-5109 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.