Let’s Get Started!
Ryan T. Welwood
Ryan T. Welwood joined Cushing & Dolan, P.C. as an associate in the Elder Law and Estate Planning Department in 2019. His practice focuses on estate planning and elder law.
Ryan helps clients achieve their estate planning goals through closely tailored and personalized estate plans best suited for their needs. Ryan has gained experience by utilizing a wide array of estate planning and gifting techniques, including the drafting of Revocable Trusts, Medicaid Irrevocable Trusts, Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, IRA Trusts, (d)(4)(A) trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts, Nominee “Lottery” Trusts, Last Wills and Testaments, Healthcare Proxies, HIPPAA Releases, Living Wills and Durable Powers of Attorney.
Ryan prides himself on developing client relationships and providing thorough and comprehensive service to his clients. Ryan has:
- Worked with a Massachusetts Lottery Grand Prize Winner to create a Nominee Trust and estate plan to preserve the client’s newfound wealth and cherished privacy.
- Created Income Only Irrevocable Trust plans to avoid probate and protect client assets from MassHealth estate recovery and other creditors while preserving the ability for the client’s family to retain a step-up in basis on death.
- Developed gifting strategies designed to lower estate tax liability and preserve wealth for generations to come.
Prior to starting at Cushing & Dolan, Ryan attended Boston College Law School and served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley at the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Areas Of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Massachusetts, 2019
- Boston College Law School, Newton, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2019
- University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, Maryland
- B.A. - 2016
- Major: Communications, Social Influence