Entity Selection · Succession Planning · Tax Planning
Contracts and Agreements · Governance · Litigation
The business law attorneys at Cushing & Dolan, P.C., provide legal guidance to Boston businesses and companies throughout Massachusetts. At the time of a business startup, owners must make important decisions such as entity selection. Established businesses may face unexpected legal challenges in the form of contract disputes, ownership disputes, employee conflicts, corporate tax burdens and other matters that require thoughtful, knowledgeable legal advice.
Contact the business lawyers at Cushing & Dolan, P.C., to schedule a free consultation regarding any facet of business law.
Boston Business Attorneys
Serving a diverse clientele, from small businesses and family-owned operations to sizeable corporations, we advise on the full spectrum of commercial and corporate law:
- Corporate formation (entity selection) — Counseling entrepreneurs and investors on the most advantageous business entity, and addressing the tax and liability implications of forming as a limited liability company, S corporation, C corporation, family limited partnership, or business trust.
- Partnership operating agreements — Preventing many disputes by spelling out the rights and responsibilities of each partner.
- Buy-sell agreements — Developing and implementing buy-sell agreements to dictate the disposition of an owner's interest upon death or disability, or voluntary or involuntary withdrawal.
- Corporate maintenance — Providing counsel on annual meetings, reporting, regulatory compliance and other governance issues.
- Business agreements — Protecting our clients' rights and interests by drafting, reviewing and negotiating business agreements such as contracts, licensing agreements and distribution agreements.
- Shareholder disputes — Seeking practical solutions to internal disagreements or representing co-owners and minority shareholders in litigation and dissolution.
- Commercial litigation — Resolving all types of business and contract disputes.
We can also address other business matters, including:
- Executive contracts and compensation — Counseling corporations and executives in matters involving contracts, compensation, incentive pay and severance.
- Employment contracts and agreements — Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Commercial real estate — Facilitating the purchase, sale and lease of commercial property.
- Commercial real estate financing — Providing services to lenders, developers and property owners regarding financing.
- Commercial leases — Providing services and representation to landlords and commercial tenants.
From starting a business to liquidating an ownership stake, we pay particular attention to income tax consequences and work closely with your accountant and other financial advisors.
Suffolk County • Middlesex County • Norfolk County • Cape Cod
Business Planning Attorneys Serving Massachusetts Since 1984
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced Boston business attorney.
For more information, see articles written by our attorneys or call our firm at 617-523-1555.