E-mail MeJoblin C. Younger Esq., LL.M.
Attorney Younger is the manager of the Trusts and Estates Administration Department, and has more than a decade of experience in the fields of trusts and estates administration, taxation, estate planning, special needs trusts, corporate law, non-profit organizations, mediation, guardianships/conservatorships.
Attorney Younger is a graduate of Boston University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation), Suffolk University Law School (J.D.) and The City College of New York (B.A. in Political Science). He joined the firm as a paralegal in 2005, and clerked at the Massachusetts Appeal Court for the Honorable David A. Mills for a year prior to returning to the firm as a manager.
Attorney Younger also serves as Public Administrator of Suffolk County, having been appointed by Governor Patrick and confirmed by the Governor's Council.
Attorney Younger's selected successes and achievements include:
- Representing estates of wealth ranging from insolvent to more than $500,000,000,
- Preparation of United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Returns (Form 706), Release of Liens (Form 792), and related state returns/forms.
- Representing complex estates comprised of
- Trusts, including, grantor, simple, complex, charitable-remainder, funding, joint, revocable, irrevocable, irrevocable life insurance, among other types of trusts;
- Corporate entities, including, family limited partnerships, limited liability company, C-Corporations, S-Corporations, among others;
- Assets, including, real estate holdings such as rental real estate, residential and commercial property, life estates, farm/agricultural (61A) land, and vacant land; stocks, bonds and securities; bank deposit accounts such as checking, savings, certificates of deposit, and money market; life insurance, including term, whole and life; and many other types;
- Illiquid assets, including vacant, commercial, vacation, industrial, and farm land; corporations with poor sales in the years leading up to administration; farm operations; intellectual property including patents, trademarks, and other protected property; and
- Litigation, including asbestos litigation, wrongful death litigation, no-contest (In terrorem) clause litigation, removal of fiduciary/executor litigation, contested account litigation, contested appointment litigation, and will compromise proceedings.
- Estates administered in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Texas, Arkansas, California, Alabama, among other jurisdictions.
- Representing complex estates suffering from dormancy ranging from one to over one-hundred years.
- Representing simple (testate and intestate) estates, appointing fiduciaries (executors, administrators, administrators DBN, administrators CTA, trustees-under-wills).
- Representation in mediation involving cases of wrongful death, ERISA, will contests, and family disputes.
- Coordinating aspects of cases internally between all departments, and externally with CPAs, attorneys, fiduciaries and other representatives.
- Authored dozens of bench memorandums while clerking for Massachusetts Appeals Court Associate Justice David A. Mills.
- Public service in the form of pro bono public service, and many leadership positions, including service on a statewide Commission and as president and CEO of a local non-profit corporation in Massachusetts for more than fifteen years.
Areas of Practice
- Asset Protection
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Trusts and Estates Administration
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- The City College of New York, - New York, New York
- Seminar, The New Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code, December, 2010
- Guest Host, Money Matters (Nationally Syndicated), September, 2010
- Guest Host, Money Matters (Nationally Syndicated), March, 2013
- Seminar, R.E.B.A. Spring Conference, May, 2013
- Seminar, Foundation for Continuing Education, June, 2013
- Legal Expert, Fox25 News, January, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- National GLBT Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Fenway Community Health Center, Young Leaders Council, Co-Chair, 2011 - Present
- Fenway Community Health Center, Member of the Board of Visitors, 2009 - Present
- Fenway Community Health Center, Rider in Harbor to the Bay, 2012 - Present
- Real Estate Bar Association, Member
- Real Estate Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trusts & Estate Administration Committee, Member
- Real Estate Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trusts & Estate Administration Committee, Middlesex County Subcommittee, Chair
- Trusts and Estates Consortium, Member